This is my favorite jewelry making kit so far.
I’ve created several kits for coiling wire and creating wire craft jewelry, but stamping is by far my favorite technique.
Something about hammers and pounding stuff is very therapeutic and it’s so easy to create simple jewelry (and it’s fast) for gifts and even to sell.
Of course… much like riding a bike or learning to swim, stamping on jewelry has it’s learning curve. Once you master it, you will never forget.
A really cool thing to make with this kit (that will get you started fast!) is to create dome shapes out of copper pennies. Use the hole punch to place a hole in each one. Then it’s a matter of using the copper jump rings to attach to a chain charm bracelet.
You can polish a few of the pennies and leave the rest “tarnished”. Trust me – the bracelet is cute and makes lot’s of tinkling noise.
I love 6mm size stamps for metal crafts (it’s about 1/4″) because they create easy to read words.
I’ve included round copper blanks and an entire sheet of copper to play with.
You have all the hammers you could ever need plus a dapping block to easily create domed charms with the copper blanks. Plus this heavy steal block is huge and has it’s own rubber base.
Plus.. a full set of pliers and metal cutters – these are enough for most jewelry projects:
The only thing that you will want to have on hand is a black felt tip marking pen. Use it to color in the stamped words and then wipe off the excess. This really makes the letters pop!
What I love about my kits is that you get everything in a box – ready to go! It’s a bit like opening up a great Christmas gift and being able to dig in and play with all your new tools. I’ve included all the little extras you might need as well… like a polishing cloth and “sticky” measuring tape (which helps to center your lettering).
Metal Stamping Kit Includes – All the essential tools to get started making your own stamped metal jewelry:
- 6 mm (1/4 inch) Alphabet and Number Stamp Set with Wood Storage Box
- Ball Pein Hammer (Stubby 8 oz), Rubber and PVC Mallet 10 ” and Chasing Hammer
- Hammer – 10 1/2″ – Jewelers Double Hole Punch, 1.8 and 2.4mm
- Wood Dapping Block 3 piece set and 3 3/4 ” Steel Jewelers Bench With 4″ Rubber Base
- Sheet Copper 6×6 square , copper colored jump rings, stamping blanks and jewelry polishing cloth
* 6 piece precision pliers set including: 5 3/4 inch Needle Nose, 4 3/4 inch Long Nose, 4/ 3/4 inch Bent Nose, 4 3/4 inch Flat Nose, 4 1/4 inch Diagonal Cutter, 4 inch End Nipper. These pliers and cutters have vinyl grips, box joint construction, return spring.
Check out this great kit here: Metal Stamping Deluxe 6mm Kit